I have been feeling slightly sick lately which, for me, sends off signals in my brain to eat comfort food. My list of preferred comfort food is mercifully short: Kraft Dinner, Butter Chicken, Chicken Noodle Soup and Chicken Pot Pie. This recipe for Chicken Pot Pie is incredibly fast and yields delicious results. Hope you enjoy!
What You Need
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can low- fat low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- Tenderflake (or other brand) version of pie crust in a pan from the freezer section
- 1/2 cup of skim milk
- 1 egg for recipe, 1 egg for brushing top of pie
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the cut-up chicken, vegetables and chicken soup together in a bowl.
- Stir remaining ingredients in with fork until well blended. Pour mixture into one pie crust.
- Take the second pre-made pie crust and place overtop of the first. Use your fork to press down along the rim to hold the two dough pieces together. Cut air-vents on the top (I chose to indulge myself and made a heart-shaped hole).
- Whisk an egg in a little bowl, and use a brush to lightly cover the top of your pie with it.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top! (I put my pie onto a baking sheet, just incase there was any leaking).