1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cups shredded carrots (roughly 5-6)
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan. Lightly flour.
2. Mix sugar, oil and eggs in large bowl until blended; beat 1 minute.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients except carrots, nuts and frosting. Beat 1 minute by hand. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour into pan.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes for rectangular pan or 30-35 minutes for round pan, or until toothpick comes out clean inserted in centre. Cool on wire rack.
5. Frost with cream cheese frosting.