Combining your favourite desserts/ingredients to make a super-dessert is not always wise. It did not end well for the Bean Pie, nor for the Tuna Twinkie (yes, unfortunately, they’re real). Pudding and chocolate chip cookies, however, make a wonderful combination that will please even the toughest cookie critic in your life. These cookies are by far the easiest and most consistently loved dessert I have ever made, so I hope you enjoy them!
What you will need (for 6 dozen cookies- they will go fast!):
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix (I used a Jello brand one)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In one medium sized bowl, combine the flour and baking soda, and set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Once smooth, add in the pudding mix until well blended.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Blend the flour mixture into the liquid mixture. Once smooth, add in your chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies by spoonful onto greased cookie sheets. (Note: these cookies don’t flatten much because of the pudding mix, so keep this in mind when you are dropping them).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown. Enjoy!